As we have seen, the Angelinis took over from the Tinellis. In 1704 when Ascanio, the last of his family, dies, the apothecary is bought by Giovanni Boldrini who worked there until 1745. Upon his death, the canon Girolamo, his brother, donates the apothecary to the Santa Maria della Croce Hospital, and Tullio Canali, the rector of the hospital, entrusts the administration to a young apothecary, Clemente di Livio Santi.
This acquisition by the hospital, marks a new period in the history of the apothecary, a fortunate event since in the hospital archive there is a rich collection of administrative documents and the final disposal document imposed by the reforms of the Opera Pia as decreed by the Grand Duke Pietro Leopoldo di Lorena in 1782 for which the apothecary soon returns to the hands of private owners. Among these documents stands out an inventory for appraisal purposes that is rich in information about “every sort of medicine, drugs and simples, vases, boxes, laboratory glassware, books” in addition to the “cupboards, basins, workbenches, drawers, tables” and finally “articles made in iron, copper, bronze, brass and tin, various types of scales, and everything else”.
Of special note is the original bell-shaped bronze mortar bearing the date 1751 and the coat of arms of Santa Maria della Croce Hospital, which is currently stored at the Salvioni Apothecary, or rather Salvioni Pharmacy. At the end of the complex administrative procedure, the apothecary came into Clemente Santi’s possession on September 20, 1788. Clemente became a citizen of Montalcino having married Petronilla Canali, niece of the rector of Santa Maria della Croce Hospital, Tullio Antonio. Their son Luigi had been born in 1758 and would be guided by his father to learn the profession. By October 19, 1781 we already find him presiding over the apothecary. After purchasing the business, the building still belonged to the Franciscans. With the Napoleonic dissolution of their monastery in 1808, the same building presumably became part of the Patrimonio dei Resti Ecclesiastici and was subsequently sold.
In 1834, Clemente, the oldest son of Luigi and brother of lawyer Tullio Santi, becomes owner of the pharmacy. Having been raised in the classical cultural environment of the family, which refined his feelings and directed his interests, Clemente graduated in pharmacy in 1814 at the University of Pisa while the aforementioned Giorgio Santi taught natural history. Noteworthy are Clemente’s historical-artistic interests and even more his correspondence with the Accademia dei Georgofili of Florence and his collaboration with the publication, Giornale Agrario Toscano. He would keep the pharmacy until 1874 when the property is registered to a certain Carlo Ridolfi. Antonio Galassi and Flavio Angelini were registered as the taxpayers on the building in 1889, however it is not clear which of the two families owned and managed the pharmacy on the main square. In 1891, Garibaldo Tempesti took over. On November 18, 1894, the local bi-weekly publication Il Progresso published an advertisement for the “Farmacia Bacciarelli di Piazza principessa Margherita”, the name of the main square at that time, which offered “medicines and goods of an excellent quality grocery at a low price”. They sold mineral water, Alchermes, rum and Marsala, China bark digestive elixir, extra fine chocolate, candies, and spices for Vermouth, scented face powder in addition to the unfailing quinine. Finally Il Progresso of April 15, 1900 reassured its readers “The pharmacy in Princess Margaret Square was purchased by Mr. Curzio Costanti, son of the nobleman Tito Costanti. At one time, it was befitting of the best and most learned people of the town. We hope that it may resume its honourable tradition once again.”